The Black History Bookmarks are designed to accompany the "Black History Activity Books", which educate children on role models and figures while stimulating their minds with puzzles and activities. Iso that we can make sure we have that exact combination in stock.
Have fun and learn while getting to know more about the greatest figures in black history.
- Bob Marley - Uncle Bob the musical legend! Uncle Bob brought the sweet sound of reggae music and its association with the island of Jamaica to the rest of the world.
- Harriet Tubman - Born into slavery Aunty Harriet managed to escape from the wicked slave masters. She went on to become a freedom fighter, anti-slavery activist and freed hundreds of slaves from plantations.
- Huey P Newton - Uncle Huey was an African American political activist and a leading figure in the Black Power movement of the 1960’s.
- Malcolm X - Malcolm X fought for justice in the USA. He was a Muslim minister and human rights activist. This book touches on his love of reading, educating himself and worldwide travels
- Marcus Garvey - Uncle Marcus was a black nationalist, who created a movement between the Caribbean Islands and USA to encourage black people to visit Africa.
- Martin Luther King Jr - Uncle Martin was American preacher, humanitarian and activist; who was best known for his role in the African American civil rights movement.
- Muhammad Ali - Uncle Muhammad was a legendary boxer, who called himself the greatest heavy weight champion of all time!
- Queen Nanny - Aunty Nanny is a Jamaican national hero! She was the spiritual, cultural and military leader of the Maroons during the 1700’s.
- Nelson Mandela - Uncle Nelson fought against racism and to give equal rights to oppressed people. He became the first black president of South Africa.
- Rosa Parks - Aunty Rosa was a civil rights activist who helped create reform on the U.S. law. She was known for not giving up her seat on the bus as a statement against segregation.